The wet sandblasting of torbo ENGINEERING KEIZERS GmbH offers unique advantages over the conventional methods. The decisive factor is the interaction of blast media, water and pressure. Because these three factors can be metered separately and independently, the application range is wide splayed - from absolutely gentle to extremely powerful cleaning.
The principle is always the same:
- In the working process each grain of the abrasive is already surrounded in the vessel with water. In this way the dust protection is most effectively activated.
- The surface tension of the water formed each grain to a perfect sphere, which fits perfectly into the air stream and ensures an optimized flow rate.
- The water layer acts as a lubricant which substantially prevents the wear of the tubes and the nozzles of the system.
- On the surface the grain immediately stops completely while the water layer moves on and prevents the rebound of the grain.
- Then the water jacket opened and pulls the grain down. The result is a cleaned surface.
Depending on the blasting media, set pressure and water content the blast can strike the surface as gently that you can clean a raw egg with it or it can be so powerful that a thick layer of paint will be removed.
The advantages of the wet sand blasting over other methods:
- stops dust emission: 20% water in the mixture bind 95% of the dust!
- variable water content: adjustable for gentle work to more than 90%
- be exactly dosed, economical blasting media use 0.24 to 6.4 l / min; Shipyard version up to 12.8 l / min. every minut the same amount of media
- low water consumption per working day (8 hours at 62.5% stake):
Setting Water consumption / day
0,3 18 liters
1 60 liters
5 300 liters
- regardless of weather conditions for temperatures between 4° C and 50° C even in the rain and extreme humidity
- height difference of 250 m between the vessel and nozzle are no problem
- extremely wide application range of sensitive surfaces to most robust blasting tasks
- usually little or no enclosure required - works in one-man operation (no second man to fill the boiler)
- blasting media must not be pre-dried: use in damp / wet condition possible
- multiple use of the abrasive possible
- additives (inhibitor or preservatives) can be added by torboMIX while blasting or washing